The digital reform programme for the family court marches on. As of May 2021, 71% of solicitors and professional advisers were using the digital divorce platform. The digital divorce journey is now complete from end to end. Whilst the new system is being designed for April 2022, it makes sense to get that remaining 29% of solicitors onboard with all the tech, baby. Often, the only way there is movement outside the comfort zone and into the unknown is with a ‘noodge’ to get things going. To that end, expect an announcement that sometime in early September 2021, there will be no more paper route available for divorce and that it all has to be via the digital system. ‘Mandation’ is the phrase you’ll hear i.e. it is mandatory to use the digital portal. So, no more paper applications and a chance for the courts to clear the paper backlog. There is also the added bonus that the digital system is faster, neater and we are not chopping down tons of trees for the paper.
Lawyers, let go of the paper. If the past year has taught us anything it is that you need to adapt. Jump in and join the digital flow. Get used to the divorce system because you know where divorce goes, the finances soon follow…..